Friday, August 24, 2007

Czech New Wave crib sheet

I'm really not into getting all academic or informational on this blog; it's just not my thing. My writing is more in the mode of personal reflections, opinions, occasional rants, and random stuff. I've done enough academic writing in my life that I don't want to spend my leisure hours doing it too.

So, before I start posting about some Czech New Wave films I enjoy I thought I'd link to a couple of brief but informative overviews of the period that will help set the stage for my future posts on films like Black Peter, Loves of a Blonde, Daisies, Closely Watched Trains, Capricious Summer, etc.

Criterion goes In Focus on Czech New Wave

Andrew James Horton at GreenCine on Czech and Slovak Cinema

(Both essays have links at the end that are well-worth checking out as well)

No comments: